Early stage Parkinson's disease: It's time to find out what your options are

This page is designed to provide information about the TemPo-1 clinical trial, including information regarding participation in the trial, dosing of the investigational product, and what you can expect as a participant in the trial. If you have any questions after reading this page, please contact members of the study team.
They will be happy to answer your questions!

What is the TemPo-1 clinical trial?

The TemPo-1 clinical trial is a clinical research study targeting people with early-stage Parkinson’s disease (diagnosed within the last three years) who are not currently taking levodopa or dopamine agonists for treatment or symptom management.

This clinical research study is assessing an oral investigational medicine (tavapadone) to see if it can improve symptoms of Parkinson’s disease that affect your movement and daily activities.

If you meet the following qualification criteria, you will most likely be able to participate in the TemPo-1 study:

You are aged between 40 and 80 (inclusive).

You were diagnosed with Parkinson's disease within the last three years.

You are not currently taking levodopa or any other medicines for Parkinson's disease.

What is the TemPo-1 clinical trial?

Eligible participants in the TemPo-1 study will be randomly divided (like a coin toss) into three groups to take one of the following products:

Lower dose of the evaluated product

Higher dose of the evaluated product


Study participants will have a 2 in 3 chance (67%) of receiving the investigational product and a 1 in 3 chance (33%) of receiving the placebo.

Neither you nor the examining physician will know whether you are receiving an investigational product or a placebo, or what dose of an investigational product you are receiving. However, the examining physician may find out this information if he or she feels it is necessary for your medical condition.

As a participant in the study, you will take your assigned investigational product every day for approximately 27 weeks and will attend regular study visits to monitor your health and the effects of your assigned investigational treatment (if any).

The following will be provided free of charge to all eligible study participants:

  • consultation and care related to clinical assessment,
  • study visits, tests, examinations and study-related interventions,
  • investigational product or placebo.

If you are interested please contact us using the form below and we will contact you back

Alternatively, call 601 304 484 (Mon – Fri 8:00 – 15:30) or email nabory@clintrial.cz